William is two years and eight months!
He has completed the antibiotics for MRSA and was retested this morning (the first of three retests...unless any come back positive, then I think we start all over). Since starting the antibiotics, his attitude and disposition are night and day to what he was like this summer. We think the infection was really affecting his personality by making him very sensitive and irritable. We're so happy to have our old William back.
William often points out (usually out of nowhere) that he is "loving and obeying." These are the instructions that we focus on, coming from the Westminster Children's Catechism. (Q. 4. How can you glorify God? A. By loving him and doing what he commands.) And, to honor/obey one's parents is to obey God. We are happy that love and obedience seem always to be on his mind (even though he doesn't always make decisions out of a desire to obey). He announces that he is a "sweet boy" or a "nice boy" and is quick to compliment others as well. "Finney's a sweet boy," he says often, "or Mommy's a nice Mommy," or "Daddy's a nice Daddy." Sometimes he gets a little paternal with Findlay... A few days ago, I heard him telling Findlay that Findlay needed to love and obey William and that it is "very important!" I told him that Findlay doesn't need to obey William; he needs to obey Daddy and Mommy, but his shepherding of Findlay definitely made me laugh.
He keeps us very entertained with his silly personality and the funny things that come out of his mouth. One morning, I asked him what he'd like for breakfast, and without hesitating, he replied, "fish oil, please." I said (confused), "you want fish oil for breakfast?" and he said (in a pleading voice), "please!" I said, "okay... anything else?" and he thought for about fifteen seconds and then answered, "food!" Okay, easy enough. Yesterday, William asked Michael for "something else" to eat and Michael asked what he would like. William responded, "umm...not Calvy's hair." (Calvy is our dog.) For any of you wondering, we have never offered him Calvy's hair as a snack.......
I think what has made me laugh the most was when we were riding in the car... He was reaching up his shorts, saying in a singsong voice, "Where are you penis? Where are you penis? Where are you penis? Oh! (when he found it) Still in bottom..." He is a BIT obsessed.
Please pray for negative test results this week and next, so that 1) his health can be restored 2) we no longer risk passing MRSA on to anyone else and 3) we can get back to regular life!
2 comments:
Oh goodness! Sorry to hear William hasn't been well. Let's hope the worst is behind you...
The stories though are great!
Anya~ It's been a while since I've been in touch. Sometimes life just sweeps us up into it's tornado, I guess. I am sad that I didn't get to send you and William in particular, my love earlier. I will keep him and your family in my prayers. My husband had MRSA almost five years ago. He got it after going to the hospital for a skin graft. I know firsthand what a nasty infection it is. Thankfully, the young are strong. More than we'd ever believe. Thank heaven for that. I'm sending my love. ~Sara
Post a Comment