2) Most have heard this information by now too, I assume, but we found out a few weeks ago that Michael passed his eighth exam! This is eight passes in a row with NO do-overs (very uncommon--I am so proud of my husby!)... and equally as exciting: just ONE exam left!! He'll sit for the ninth in May. If he passes, he will be a fellow (FCAS, if that means anything to anybody out there) and will not have to take any more tests--very hard to imagine. I am very grateful for his dedication, efficient studying, and I suppose his intelligence too :)
3) William is learning to read and this past Saturday read his first four sentences ALL on his own (by sounding out the words): Zac had a pan. Zac had a fan. The ants ran and ran. Zac had a nap.
We are very proud of him! He is such an eager (somewhat obsessive??) learner which has had me concerned at various points in his short life, but he is "normal"--or so say the professionals! He's very excited about learning to read and pleased with his successes. It's very cute. We're teaching him phonetically, which I am really enjoying... I never imagined I'd have an opinion on the various methods of teaching a child to read (or even knew there was more than one way), but I have definitely developed one. It's great! I'm not sick of Zac yet, but I'm getting there.....
4) Today we bought a new car! It will hold all three carseats and is not a minivan. Success!
5) Including myself, I know 24 pregnant girls expecting babies between now and July. Our friends Sarah and Ed are expecting twins, which makes for 25 babies!
That's all the news I can think of for now. I hope to post again before another 3+ weeks pass!
Here are some pictures of William showering Findlay with affection. They're developing quite a little team -- I hope they're willing to make room for their little brother, Plaxico (just trying it out).
William with Serenity (my good friend Erin's four year old daughter). They play well together, especially once William warms up. Here are a couple links to pictures of the two of them when they were a bit younger: July 08 and August 07



8 comments:
Yay for a new car! (I knew the other stuff :)) What did you end up with...I am so surprised it's not a Dodge Carivan :) hehe, just kidding.
Congratulations on all fronts!!
Congratulations all around! [What is FCAS?]
Thanks, guys!
Hans-
Michael is an actuary (are you familiar with that field? If not, and if you are interested, you should ask one of your math professor colleagues what they do... it is very math-y [statistics, probability, risk management, etc.] and s/he would likely be able to explain it to you better than I could... or, of course, you could ask me, and I could give it a shot :) ) and the CAS is the Casualty Actuarial Society. It is one of two actuarial societies in North America (the other society is the SOA, or Society of Actuaries). When Michael passed his seventh exam (and had completed a few other requirements), he received his ACAS - his associateship within the society. When he passes the ninth, he will receive his FCAS - his fellowship (both ACAS and FCAS are a professional designations). It is a long road but he is nearly finished (obtaining the designation, that is) and he loves what he does! I never knew it was possible to be so passionate about spreadsheets and insurance :)
Thanks for asking!
Congrats to all of you! So much good news coming from your direction, that's exciting! Reading at 2??? Wow! You must have a little genius on your hands!! Blessings.
Congratulations on the new car and Michael's test. I can't believe you know 24 pregnant women.
Carri
another boy? yay! i didn't know! i need to email you soon! how are you feeling?
So apparently I haven't been on here a while. It might have something to do with my computer being rebuilt and limited access -- when my husband leaves the laptop home from work! 3 boys! how thrilling! CONGRTAS! My vote is for Plaxico!! So what kind of car did you get? We just got a Toyota Sienna!
Post a Comment