05 February 2009

William seems to think he is a third parent to Findlay. He really watches out for his little brother and often corrects him when correction is needed (and not).

This morning while driving, I was talking to Michael through our car's hands-free system (i.e. Michael's voice comes out of the car's speakers) and Findlay, as usual, was saying "Hi!" to Daddy again and again. This exasperated William, who told him (each time Findlay said, "hi!") "Don't say 'hi'; you said 'hi' already, Finney!" Findlay didn't get it (or else didn't care?!).

This morning while eating breakfast, Findlay was saying, "mmm!" and William corrected him, saying, "Finney, don't say, "mmm!"; say, 'May I have more pancakes please?'" Teaching Findlay good manners is going to be a breeze if William stays on top of him like this!

I overheard William lead Findlay in prayer a couple days ago... I had an empty glass bottle of Perrier on our bedside table from the night before, and William took it from the table over to where Findlay was. He sat down face-to-face with Findlay and told Findlay that they were going to pray. He prayed, "Dear God, thank you for this bottle. It is very very nice. In Jesus' name, Amen." Then he took Findlay's hand, and said, "Thank you, God," while forcing him to do the signs for each ("thank you" and "God"). I can't wait to hear what else he comes up with to pray for when--he thinks--I'm not paying attention.




3 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

I LOVE the stories and the picture of the brothers! Makes me soooo excited for Tate to join us and Coleson to "brother" him! :)

Carri said...

Great post! William is the perfect big brother.

The White House said...

ok Findlay, finger sign : P-E-R-R-I-E-R!