Each night before going to sleep, Michael gets William out of bed to take him potty. This is the conversation from a couple nights ago :)
William: Daddy, where is it?
Daddy: Where is what?
William: Where is the kangaroo that you needed to be quiet?
Daddy (at a loss for words)
----------
In the car this morning, he said, "Mommy, you're a nice girl!" I said, "oh, thank you!" and he said, "and Daddy is a good daddy and a nice boy and a hard worker. I do work hard for Daddy and Daddy does work hard for me." (He likes to tidy up the living room or dining room and then talk about what a hard worker he is!) I had to pull over and text that to Michael so I wouldn't forget all the pieces. He's a big-time Daddy admirer and definitely has the gift of encouragement!!
----------
Often when we ask him a question such as "William, would you like to put a sweater on? It's getting kind of cold," he'll answer (very earnestly and sincerely), "No thank you! But thanks for asking!!"
03 November 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So funny! It's so precious that he can admire his daddy already and notice that he's a hard worker (and that you are a nice girl!).
I treasure the unprompted adoration!
At some point, I must have said "Hey L, ya know what? I love you!"
Now if I say to her, "Hey L, ya know what?", her response is always "I love you too mommy."
Priceless!!! =) He sounds like such a doll!
I love this! I need to start writing Matthewism's!
Post a Comment